Released in July 1986, on the 10th anniversary of Tamiya’s first RC, the Bigwig was a landmark in the development of Tamiya RC racing cars and remains highly prized as a collectors’ car for its unique design. This was the first Tamiya car with a body penned by an outside designer: Japanese full size race car designer and team owner Takuya Yura. This re-release version is based closely upon the original, with some tweaks to bring it up to date. This unique car featured a rack and pinion steering system and distinctive Moon Dish wheels. The body styling was innovative, and as all Tamiya kits were, easy to build and good value for money.
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 390mm, width: 234mm, height: 163mm.
- Aerodynamic body is lightweight and durable polycarbonate. Engine and exhausts are depicted by chassis parts.
- Utilizes a sturdy ABS resin bathtub-type chassis.
- Shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain for excellent stability off-road, with full ball bearings ensuring minimal power loss.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with CVA oil dampers lets the car tackle bumpy surfaces.
- Rack and pinion steering (unique to this Tamiya model) gives excellent driving feel. Boots cover the steering tie-rods, and anti-wear grease is included in the kit to seal the mechanism from dirt and gravel.
- Aerodish 1-piece wheels are combined with oval block pattern tires for superior grip.
- Stickers have been redesigned while keeping to the overall theme of the original.
- Includes a GT-Tuned motor (25T) with sticker unique to this model.
- ESCs 22mm and lower in height can be fitted in the kit standard position